Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Writing blues

I am in a serious writing slump. No work on the novel, the short stories, or even the blog. I feel totally blah. I've been writing more at work, so maybe that's it. Or, maybe it's all the editing I've been doing. *shrug* So far this year, I've edited two novels (writer's group), wrote an SDK (work) and various technical docs, edited various technical docs, done a conceptual edit on a non-fiction book, and judged a literary contest. I could blame those factors for my lack of writing, but I think they were more like great distractions due to the lack of writing.

I need to write a song about having the writing blues ... oh wait ... that would mean more writing.

1 comment:

writtenwyrdd said...

I know what you mean! I tend to tell myself that all that other writing is just "winding up" for the "real" writing. Excuses, excuses.

Nevertheless, real life can intrude.

BTW I have tagged you for a meme in today's post.