Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's a cold world


Snowy field
Originally uploaded by Nicole.Kelly
Three years, one agent, many promises, the book was dropped.

My project that was picked up three years ago, was dropped today by the agency that initially picked it up, worked on it with me, and got it all packaged up. I worked with my agent there for months, and due to his sudden departure from the agency, it was never ever presented to one editor. Instead, I was promised that someone in the agency would take it on. It never happened. On top of all that, the note today that informed me that they weren't going forward with the project, was a form rejection. I guess I wasn't a part of the agency. :(



I am a good, solid mix of frustrated, annoyed, sad, and apathetic.

2 comments:

Mattbear said...

Hang in there, and keep trying. Could be that all you needed all along was a different agent.

writtenwyrdd said...

I'm sorry! I know it's a raging disappointment, but if they worked with you on it, it should be great and another agent will jump at it.